1. Is this my opinion or am I repeating someone else's?
2. What is my source? Is it ? Or the section of the newspaper?
3. We debate facts, not feelings. Everyone has feelings and there is no arguing their existence.
4. No personal attacks on the subject of discussion (if it is a person or a people) or the person you are talking with.
1) Don't be silent when someone you know engages in social media harassment. If you hear of a kid teasing/cyberbullying, take the time to talk to them and explain what they are doing, and how it is not socially acceptable.
2) Don't fight fire with fire, but not silence - if you see someone harassing someone on your feed, it's completely appropriate to message that person saying: "You can disagree with someone but such hate speech isn't appropriate" or something like that.
3) Support and listen to others- especially those who have been a victim. Listen to their story, and offer them a caring individual.
4) Remember that most victims are victims themselves. Their actions are in no way justified because of that, but these are often people who are emotionally or mentally tortured and often need the most help.